2. Whisk together 2 tbsp vinegar with 1/4 cup olive oil, thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper. Finely slice the shallot. Add to dressing and toss to coat. Set aside.
3. Dice avocado, tomatoes and capsicum. Roughly slice basil. Set aside.
4. Roughly chop tofu. Blend in a food processor or with stick mixer until smooth. Grate courgettes and squeeze out liquid (see notes). Add to mixture along with 2 tsp Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Use hands to mix and combine well.
5. Divide tofu mixture into 8, form into patties using oiled hands. Heat frypan over medium heat. Cook patties for 5 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
6. Toss quinoa with dressing and salad. Serve with tofu cakes and mayonnaise if desired.
Using oiled hands to form the patties will prevent the mixture from sticking.
The tofu mixture can be quite wet so be sure to squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the courgettes. Keeping them in the pan for longer will help them firm up as well.
thyme 1/3 packet
Yellow capsicum 1
basil 1 packet
Firm tofu 1 packet (400g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, dried Italian herbs, white wine vinegar, mayonnaise (optional)