Quarter potatoes and place in a saucepan, cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, or until tender but still firm. Drain and cool under cold running water.
2. Roughly grate zucchini (squeeze out excess liquid), beetroot and halloumi. Combine in a bowl with 1 egg, 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (optional) and lupin flakes. Form into 8 fritters (see notes). Place on a lined oven tray and bake for 10 minutes (see step 4).
3. Finely chop basil leaves and combine with 4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp vinegar, 2 tsp mustard and 1 tsp honey. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Turn the fritters over and add bacon to the tray. Bake for another 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
5. Trim and slice sugar snap peas and carrot. Toss in a bowl with mesclun leaves, potatoes and half of the dressing (see notes).
6. Serve fritters and crispy bacon with salad and remaining dressing.
- We used a rough 1/2 cup measurement to make the fritters and oiled hands to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Leave dressing, potatoes and salad ingredients separate if you (or the kids) prefer!
- You can roast potatoes, beetroot, zucchini, bacon and halloumi as a one-tray and serve with a side salad.
- No pork option - bacon is replaced with turkey. Cook as per recipe or slice and add to fritters.
Halloumi 1 packet
Lupin flakes 60g
Basil 1/3 packet *
Bacon 1 packet
Sugar snap peas 1/2 packet (125g) *
Purple carrot 1
Mesclun leaves 1/2 bag (100g) *
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
Olive oil, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, honey, fennel seeds (optional), wholegrain/seeded mustard, egg (1)