2. Grate remaining ginger, crush 2 garlic cloves and slice the white ends of the spring onions (reserve remaining). Add to a heated saucepan with 2 tbsp sesame oil, 1/2 tsp salt and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add the rice to the saucepan, stir to combine then add 1 1/2 rice tubs water (see notes). Cover and cook rice over medium-low heat until water is absorbed. Take off heat and allow to sit for another 5 minutes.
4. Dice capsicum and cucumber, toss with 1 tbsp sesame oil, salt and pepper.
Slice reserved spring onion tops.
5. Remove chicken, reserving the stock. Trim and halve asian greens. Blanch in stock for 1-2 minutes or to your liking. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve remaining stock for serving.
6. Slice the chicken and serve with rice, asian greens and fresh salsa. Season the stock with soy sauce to taste (we used 1/2 tbsp) then spoon over rice. Serve with any sauces of choice (see notes).
Use x 1.5 amount of water to cook the rice. Add more if needed.
Serve with sweet or hot chilli sauce.
CHICKEN BREAST FILLETS, 600g
SPRING ONIONS, 1/2 bunch *
BASMATI RICE, 300g
RED CAPSICUM, 1
LEBANESE CUCUMBER, 1
ASIAN GREENS, 1 bunch
FROM YOUR PANTRY
sesame oil, salt, pepper, garlic (2 cloves), white wine vinegar, sugar, soy sauce