2. Roughly chop mint leaves. Blend with coconut milk and 3 tsp vinegar, using a stick mixer. Season with salt to taste.
3. Toss chicken with oil, 1 tsp turmeric, salt and pepper. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat, add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
4. Cook papadums according to packet instructions.
5. Chop capsicum and radishes. Trim and halve snow peas and cherry tomatoes. Toss in a large bowl along with black rice (see notes).
6. Serve grilled chicken with black rice salad, papadums and mint dressing.
Keep rice separate if kids prefer. You can even separate the veggies into small bowls on a platter and allow everyone to assemble their own salad.
Use curry powder instead of turmeric if you like!
Mint, 1/2 bunch *
Coconut milk, 165ml
Chicken thigh fillets, 600g
Papadums, 1 packet
Yellow capsicum, 1
Radishes, 1/3 bunch *
Snow peas, 1/2 packet *
Cherry tomatoes, 1 packet (200g)
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, ground turmeric, vinegar (red or white wine)