Cut red onion into wedges. Toss on a lined oven tray with pumpkin and 1/2 packet sage, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
2. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat. Add seed mix, 1/2 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp sugar. Cook, stirring, until clusters are formed. Tip onto a plate on a piece of baking paper to cool. Season with a little salt, if you like.
3. Chop chives and remaining sage leaves. Combine in a shallow bowl with 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp dijon mustard, 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar, salt and pepper.
4. Heat a griddle or frypan with 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Halve chicken thigh fillets (see notes), add to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and place into bowl with dressing.
5. Wash and roughly tear lettuce. Slice capsicum and wedge tomatoes.
Layer on a serving platter with roasted pumpkin and onion.
6. Serve roasted pumpkin salad and chicken drizzled with dressing and topped with seed clusters.
Use scissors to easily halve the chicken thigh fillets straight into the pan.
We used brown sugar for this dish.
Diced pumpkin 600g
Sage 1 packet
Seed & nut mix 1 packet (75g)
Chives 1/3 bunch
Chicken thigh fillets 600g
Festival lettuce 1/2
Green capsicum 1
From your pantry:
olive + oil for cooking, salt, pepper, sugar (of choice, see notes), dijon mustard, white wine vinegar