2. Heat a frypan over medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Slice onion, dice celery and capsicum, add to pan as you go. Stir in 2 tbsp tomato paste and Mexican spice mix. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
3. Add drained kidney beans and lightly crush using a fork. Stir to combine.
4. Add cooked rice/lentils and 1/2 cup water into pan and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Dice tomato, slice chives and remove corn from cob. Toss with 1/2 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil.
6. Rinse and seperate lettuce leaves. Serve lettuce cups, lentil mix, salsa and yoghurt at the table for filling.
Add some chilli flakes to the rice mix or serve with fresh chilli if desired.
red onion 1/2
celery 2 sticks
red capsicum 1
mexican spice mix 1 packet (40g)
kidney beans 400g
roma tomato 1
chives 1/2 bunch
corn cob 1
iceberg lettuce 1
Yoghurt 1/2 tub (250g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, tomato paste, red wine vinegar