2. Place panko crumbs in a large frypan with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional), thyme leaves from 1/4 packet and a pinch of salt. Toast until golden and transfer to a serving bowl. Keep pan over medium-high heat.
3. Halve and rub steaks with oil, salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest.
4. Add 30g butter and 1 tbsp oil to reserved saucepan along with sliced spring onions, remaining thyme leaves and 1 crushed garlic clove (optional). Sauté for 2 minutes, add drained vegetables and mash until combined. Stir in cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Roughly chop lettuce and wedge tomatoes. Dress with olive oil and vinegar if you desire.
6. Serve steaks with mash and side salad, sprinkle with pangrattato to taste.
Serve broccoli separate to mash if you prefer.
No beef option - beef rump steaks are replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Panko crumbs, 1 packet (40g)
Thyme, 1/2 packet *
Beef rump steaks, 600g
Spring onions, 1/3 bunch *
Grated cheddar cheese, 1/2 packet (100g) *
Festival lettuce, 1/2 *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive + oil/butter for cooking, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and 1 garlic clove (optional), vinegar (of choice)