Gluten-friendly option: pearl barley is replaced with mixed rice (cook as per recipe).
2. Zest orange. Combine zest and juice from whole orange with 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 crushed garlic clove and 1 tbsp red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
3. Trim and halve sugar snaps, thinly wedge apples and cut cucumber into rounds. Toss with baby spinach/rocket and dried fruit.
4. Heat a large frypan (dry) and toast pepita seeds, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool. Keep pan over medium heat.
5. Rub chicken schnitzels with 1 tbsp oil, 1 tsp rosemary, salt and pepper. Place in pan and cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
6. Toss salad with pearl barley, pepitas, crumbled goat cheese and dressing to taste. Serve with sliced chicken.
Toss sliced chicken with salad if preferred.
Gluten friendly option - pearl barley is replaced with mixed rice.
Cook as per recipe instructions
sugar snaps 1/2 punnet
red apples 2
continental cucumber 1/2
baby spinach /rocket 1 bag (120g)
dried fruit 1 packet (40g)
pepita seeds 1 packet (50g)
chicken schnitzels 600g
goat cheese 1 packet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking+olive), salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, dried rosemary, garlic clove (1)