2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp vinegar, 3 tsp maple syrup and lemon juice. Thickly slice mushrooms and add to bowl. Toss to coat and leave to marinate.
3. Finely slice fennel. Chop fennel fronds and parsley. Chop olives. Set aside.
4. Place seeds in dry frypan over medium-high heat. Toast for 2-3 minutes, or until golden (see notes). Set aside to cool. Keep pan over heat.
5. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan. Season chicken with 1 tsp oregano, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden. Reduce heat to medium. Crush garlic into pan and add 1 tbsp butter to melt. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until garlic has softened.
6. Toss buckwheat, salad components and marinated mushrooms (with liquid) together to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide between plates with chicken, scatter over seeds and finish with extra olive oil.
Use a mandolin to slice the fennel if you have one.
Recipe 4 also calls for toasted seeds. Save time by toasting all and keeping the other half in a sealed container.
parsley 1/2 packet
Sliced olives 1/2 jar
Sunflower/pepita seeds 1/2 packet (30g)
chicken schnitzels 600g
Garlic 1 clove
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, dried oregano, butter, white wine vinegar, maple syrup