2. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil. Add pumpkin, 2 tsp thyme leaves, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp cumin. Cook, tossing, for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through. Place in buckwheat bowl.
3. Zest orange and toss in a bowl with beef strips and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Juice orange into a small bowl. Combine with 1/2 tbsp grated ginger and 3 tbsp olive oil.
4. Quarter tomatoes and toss with spinach, buckwheat and pumpkin.
5. Reheat pan over high heat with 1 tbsp oil. When pan is smoking, add beef to cook (in batches if needed) for 1-2 minutes, or until browned and cooked through (see note). Toss through salad along with dressing, season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide buckwheat salad between bowls. Garnish with remaining thyme leaves.
Toss the beef only once, this will help browning which gives a better flavour!
sultanas 1 packet (40g)
diced pumpkin 1/2 bag (500g)
thyme 1/2 packet
beef strips 600g
cherry tomatoes 1 punnet
baby spinach 1/2 bag (100g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, butter, ground cinnamon, ground cumin, soy sauce