2. Grate ginger and combine half (reserve remaining) in a bowl with 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Cut salmon into chunks and add to bowl to marinate.
3. Slice red onion and capsicum. Trim and roughly chop Gai lan, peel carrots into ribbons and crush 2 garlic cloves. Tear/chop basil leaves and keep separate.
4. Heat a pan with 1 tbsp sesame oil over high heat. Add salmon and cook, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Set aside, keeping the pan over medium-high heat.
5. Reheat pan, adding more oil if needed. Cook onion, garlic and reserved ginger for 2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables and cook for further 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Toss in noodles and 3 tbsp soy sauce (see notes).
6. Serve noodles topped with salmon and basil leaves. Season with pepper.
- Add 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce or hoisin sauce if you have in your pantry (optional).
- No fish option - salmon fillets are replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Salmon (skin off) 2 packets
Red onion 3/4 *
Red capsicum 1
Gai lan 1 bunch
Basil 1/3 packet *
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
Sesame oil, pepper, garlic (2 cloves), soy sauce