2. Finely chop shallot and grate lime zest (optional) and ginger (to yield roughly 1 tbsp). Combine well with chicken mince and 1/2 tbsp soy sauce.
3. Combine 2 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce and juice of 1/2 lime.
4. Heat a frypan with 2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add spoonfuls of the chicken mixture into pan to form patties. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and spoon over 2 tbsp sauce. Reserve pan for step 5.
5. Slice carrots, capsicum and Gai lan. Reheat frypan over high heat. Add vegetables to pan with 2 crushed garlic cloves and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened to your liking.
6. Cut remaining lime into wedges. Serve chicken patties with rice, stir-fried vegetables, sauce and lime wedges.
Short on time? Cook chicken mince straight in the pan with ginger and crushed garlic. Chop and add vegetables, add sauce and cook until chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice.
We used coconut oil but any other neutral oil will work fine.
Chicken mince, 600g
Red capsicum, 1
Gai lan, 1 bunch
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking, see notes), sweet chilli & soy sauce, honey, garlic (2 cloves)