2. Roughly chop chilli and capsicum. Process in a food processor until it reaches a chunky consistency. Combine with 1 tbsp red wine vinegar and 1 tbsp oil. Set aside.
3. Wedge pak choi lengthways and slice spring onions. Place pak choi in a frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until charred.
4. Toss in spring onions and stir in 3 tbsp hoisin sauce. Cook for 1 minute until glazed then toss in rice to coat. Remove and wipe out pan.
5. Crush garlic and rub over steak with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Reheat pan over medium-high heat. Cook steak for 3-4 minutes on each side, or to your liking.
6. Divide rice, vegetables and steak between plates. Slice radishes to garnish and dollop with pickled chilli to serve.
Instead of hoisin sauce, you can alternatively use 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp honey.
red chilli 1
red capsicum 1
pak choi 1 bunch
spring onions 1/2 bunch
garlic 1 clove
beef rump steak 600g
radishes 1/2 bunch
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, hoisin sauce, red wine vinegar