2. Combine 1 tbsp oil, 2 tsp mustard, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp thyme, salt and pepper. Slash chicken breast fillets and rub mixture well into the cuts.
3. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a chopping board, reserve pan (step 5).
4. Remove stem and slice kale leaves. Toss with 1/2 tbsp oil and massage to soften.
Slice spring onions and capsicum. Julienne (or grate) carrots and roughly chop (or crush) almonds (see notes).
5. Add 3 tbsp butter and 2 crushed garlic cloves to reserved pan. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute then add prepared vegetables and almonds, cook for 3-4 minutes. Toss in rice, heat through and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Slice chicken and serve with garlic butter rice.
Use the rice tub to quickly measure up x 1.5 amount of water.
Keep the vegetables separate to the rice if you prefer. You can sauté them in the garlic butter or toss them raw in a salad.
Chicken breast fillet 600g
Kale 3 leaves
Spring onions 1/3 bunch
Yellow capsicum 1
Almonds 1/2 packet (50g)
From your pantry:
oil + butter (for cooking), salt, pepper, ground paprika, seeded mustard, dried thyme, garlic (2 cloves)