2. Grate ginger and combine with 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp oil. Add beef to marinade.
3. Slice onion and celery, cut carrots into crescents and halve baby corn lengthways.
4. Heat a large frypan or wok over high heat (see notes). Cook the beef, in 2 batches, for 2-3 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Set aside on a plate, keeping the pan over medium-high heat.
5. Add vegetables (and more oil if needed), stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce, beef (and resting juices) and toss in the rice (see notes). Combine well.
6. Adjust seasoning with pepper and extra soy sauce if needed. Serve in bowls and top with chopped chives. Add more sweet chilli sauce or other hot sauce if you like.
Make sure your frypan is very hot prior to adding beef strips to cook. This is to ensure they brown and do not stew in the pan. Check out the QR code for more info!
Keep rice, beef and vegetables separate if the kids prefer to make up their own plate at the table.
No beef option - beef strips are replaced with chicken strips Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes or until cooked through.
Beef strips, 600g
Red onion, 1/2 *
Celery sticks, 2
Baby corn, 1 packet
Chives, 1/3 bunch *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil for cooking (sesame or other), pepper, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce