Quarter and place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with hot water from the kettle. Boil for 8-10 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain and rinse in cold water.
2. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Rub steaks with oil, salt and pepper (see notes) and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate to rest.
3. Chop chives and slice snow peas.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tbsp dijon mustard and 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar until creamy (see notes). Add roughly 2 tbsp picked thyme leaves.
5. Toss together drained potatoes and dressing (see notes), season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange on a platter and scatter over chives, snow peas and crumbled feta cheese.
6. Serve potato salad with beef steaks and a side of leaves. Scatter over extra thyme leaves if you desire.
Add 1 crushed garlic clove to steaks if desired.
Sweeten the dressing with 1/2-1 tsp honey if you like.
Serve potatoes and dressing separate if you prefer.
Beef rump steaks 600g
Chives 1/2 bunch
Snow peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
Thyme 1/2 packet
Danish feta cheese 1/2 packet
Spinach and rocket mix 1 bag (120g)