2. Slice spring onions (keep some green tops for garnish), crush garlic and grate carrot. Trim and slice pak choy, drain water chestnuts.
3. Heat a large pan with oil (see notes) over medium-high heat. Add chicken strips and cook, turning for 2-3 minutes or until sealed. Season with 1 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice and 1 tbsp soy sauce.
4. Add prepared vegetables to pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
5. Fluff the rice with a fork then toss into pan. Mix gently with vegetables and chicken, stir in 1 tbsp soy sauce (use to taste) and season with pepper.
6. Serve fried rice topped with cashew nuts and reserved spring onion tops (sliced).
Spring Onions 1/2 Bunch *
Garlic 2 Cloves
Pak Choy 1 Bunch
Water Chestnuts 227g
Chicken Stir-Fry Strips 300g
Cashew Nuts 1 Packet (60g)
* Ingredient Also Used In Another Recipe
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking, see notes), pepper, soy sauce, Chinese five spice