2. Whisk stock paste, 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour, 1/3 cup hoisin sauce and 1 1/2 cups water in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Peel and grate ginger. Slice spring onions and asian greens into 3cm pieces. Slice mushrooms. Set aside.
4. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil. Add eggplant and 2 tsp five spice. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add remaining vegetables and ginger to cook for 2-3 minutes until tender (add more oil if needed).
5. Pour in sauce and simmer until thickened. Take off heat and stir through cashews and basil leaves. Season well with pepper.
6. Divide rice and stir fry among bowls.
We used sesame oil to cook this dish.
Stock concentrate, 1/2 jar *
Ginger, 20g *
Spring onions, 1/3 bunch *
Asian greens, 1 bunch
Cashews, 1 packet (50g)
Basil, 1/2 packet *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, Chinese five spice, hoisin sauce, ground coriander, cornflour