2. Combine crushed garlic with 1 1/2 tsp five spice, 3 tbsp vinegar and 1/3 cup sesame oil. Season well with salt and pepper (see notes). Toss 2 tbsp through noodles, set the rest aside.
3. Trim and slice Asian greens into 3cm lengths. Slice spring onions into 3cm lengths (reserve tops for garnish). Trim and halve snow peas.
Slice chilli (set aside with spring onion tops for garnish).
4. Heat a large frypan or wok over medium-high heat. Coat chicken with 2 tsp five spice, 1 tbsp sesame oil, salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked through. Remove from pan.
5. Add prepared vegetables to pan along with 2 tbsp sauce. Cook tossing for 2-3 minutes until tender. Take off heat.
6. Divide noodles among bowls. Spoon over even amounts of remaining sauce. Top
with chicken and vegetables. Garnish with chilli, spring onion tops and fried shallots.
- If you have soy sauce (or tamari), oyster sauce or hoisin sauce in the pantry you can also add this to the sauce for extra flavour.
- Ground white pepper works really well with this dish!
Garlic 2 cloves
Asian greens 1 bunch
Spring onions 1/2 bunch *
Snow peas 1/2 bag (125g)
Red chilli 1
Chicken tenderloins 600g
Fried shallots 1 packet (40g)
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
FROM YOUR PANTRY:
Salt, pepper, Chinese five spice, white wine (or rice wine) vinegar, sesame oil