2. Place steaks in a shallow bowl and toss well with 1 tbsp oil (see notes), 1 tsp five spice, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large frypan over high heat (see notes). Cook steaks, in batches, for 1 minute on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate as you go.
4. Keep pan over high heat. Add oil and stir-fry vegetable kit. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring, or until cooked to your liking. Crush in garlic.
5. Add 3-4 tbsp hoisin sauce and 1/3 cup water. Cook, tossing the vegetables for further 2 minutes.
6. Serve beef scallopini with hoisin vegetables and rice. Sprinkle over chopped chives.
Use the rice tub to quickly measure up x 1.5 amount of water.
We used sesame oil for this recipe but peanut oil or any neutral oil would work just fine!
Make sure your frypan is very hot prior to adding scallopini to cook. This is to ensure they brown and do not stew in the pan.
beef scallopini 10-pack
veg stir-fry vegetables 1 packet
garlic 2 cloves
chives 1/2 bunch
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, Chinese five spice, hoisin sauce