2. Peel and crush garlic (1 clove), grate ginger. Roughly tear lime leaves and bruise lemongrass (see notes). Add to saucepan with stock concentrate, coconut milk and 3 cups water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Cook noodles for 2 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water.
4. Cut fish into bite-sized pieces and tomato into 8 wedges. Add to broth, cook for 3-4 minutes. Trim and halve snow peas, slice baby corn. Add to broth for 2 minutes.
5. Juice 1/2 the lime into broth, wedge remaining. Stir through 1 tbsp sugar, 1-2 tbsp fish sauce and 1 tsp sambal oelek (if using) into soup, then season with extra to taste.
6. Divide noodles, fish and broth between bowls. Top with fresh mint and serve with lime wedges.
Bruise lemongrass stalk by lightly crushing it with a meat mallet or the side of a large knife. Tie the stalk into a knot for easy removal.
No Fish option - replace with chicken breast fillet
garlic (1 clove)
kaffir lime leaves 2
lemongrass 1 stalk
chicken stock concentrate 1/2 jar
coconut milk 400ml
bean thread noodles 1 packet
white fish fillets 2 packets
snow peas 1/2 punnet
baby corn 1 punnet
mint 1/3 bunch
sugar (of choice) 1tbsp
fish sauce1-2 tbsp
sambal oelek (optional) 1tsp
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper.