2. Dice tomatoes and add to pan with tinned tomatoes, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 3 cups water, 1 stock cube and 1/4 cup olive oil. Simmer semi-covered for 15 minutes.
3. Cut bread loaf in slices 3/4 way through. Crush 1 garlic clove and mix with 1 tsp oregano, 1/3 cup butter and 1 tbsp olive oil (see notes). Spread the garlic butter into the cuts and warm in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Cut broccoli into small florets and grate 1 tsp lemon zest. Add to a heated frypan with 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a serving bowl.
5. Add fish fillets (whole) to the tomato broth and poach for 3-5 minutes, covered, or until cooked through (depends on the thickness of the fillets). Season with salt and pepper.
6. Wedge lemon. Serve fish and broth into bowls with lemon wedges, broccoli and garlic bread. Garnish with more parsley to taste.
Remove outer layer of fennel. Quarter bulb and remove the core. Keep some fronds for garnish if you like!
Grate butter to soften quickly. If you’re short on time just serve bread with plain butter.
No fish option - white fish fillets are replaced with chicken tenderloins. Panfry separately in the frypan, prior to the broccoli (step 4). Combine at step 5.
No gluten option - bread is replaced with GF bread
Baby fennel, 1
Garlic, 3 cloves
Crushed tomatoes, 400g
Parsley, 1/3 bunch *
Sourdough loaf, 1
Broccoli, 1/2 *
White fish fillets, 2 packets
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, chicken or veg stock cube, dried oregano