2. Combine 2 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper in a serving bowl. Slice capsicum and chives. Toss into dressing along with coleslaw mix, set aside.
3. Drain and rinse pepper strips. Place in a jug along with crushed garlic, 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1 tbsp olive oil. Blend, using a stick mixer until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste (see notes).
4. Whisk 1 egg. Spread panko crumbs on a sheet of baking paper or plate (see notes), season with salt and pepper. Cut fish into fingers, add to egg wash.
5. Heat a large frypan with oil/butter over medium heat. Press fish fingers into crumbs then add straight into pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
6. Serve fish fingers with potato wedges, slaw and aioli for dipping.
Season the aioli with 1/2-1 tsp smoked paprika for extra punch!
Add in 1 tsp dried herb of choice alternatively lemon pepper to the panko crumbs for added flavour.
No fish option - white fish fillets are replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Gluten friendly option - panko crumbs are replaced with GF cornflakes. Crush to use.
Red capsicum, 1
Chives, 1/3 bunch *
Coleslaw, 1 bag (400g)
roasted pepper strips, 1/2 jar *
Garlic, 1 clove
Panko crumbs, 1 packet (100g)
White fish fillets, 2 packets
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive + oil/butter for cooking, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, egg (1), red or white wine vinegar