2. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Dice celery, carrot and fennel. Slice spring onions. Add to pan as you go along with 2 tsp dried Italian herbs. Cook for 5 minutes until softened.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add soy protein, tomato sugo and 1 jar (2 cups) water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until protein is tender.
4. Slice pear and toss with rocket leaves. Whisk 1 tbsp vinegar with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss through salad and set aside.
5. Toss cooked pasta into bolognese sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Slice basil leaves and scatter over to garnish.
6. Serve fennel bolognese with salad at the table.
You could also add other herbs and spices to the bolognese such as rosemary, oregano or fennel seeds.
Celery, 2 sticks
Spring onions, 1/3 bunch *
Soy protein, 1 packet (100g)
Tomato sugo, 1 jar (500g)
Rocket leaves, 1/2 bag (100g) *
Basil, 1/2 packet *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, dried Italian herbs, red wine vinegar