2. Combine 1/3 cup vinegar, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 2 1/2 tbsp sugar and crushed garlic seasoned with pepper in a bowl. Cut tofu and eggplant into batons and add to bowl.
3. Roughly chop wombok, slice mushrooms, and capsicum. Halve snow peas. Peel and grate ginger. Keep separate.
4. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Add ginger and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add remaining vegetables and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Season with soy sauce and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan. Add tofu and eggplant (reserve marinade). Cook for 5 minutes. Pour in marinade and 1 1/2 cups water. Simmer for a further 6-8 minutes, or until tender. Season with pepper.
6. Divide rice, tofu, eggplant and vegetables between bowls. Garnish with chopped coriander and chilli.
Eggplant and tofu can also be diced if preferred.
When adding sugar to dishes, coconut sugar or raw cane sugar can be better options as they are less refined and contain some important minerals.
Firm tofu 400g
Baby Wombok cabbage 1/2
Red capsicum 1
Snow peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
coriander 1/3 bunch
Red chilli 1
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), red wine vinegar, soy sauce (or tamari), sugar (of choice), pepper, garlic (1 clove)