2. Deseed and slice cucumber. Julienne or ribbon carrot. Set aside with alfalfa sprouts. Finely chop coriander and stir through yoghurt. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat large frypan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil. Dice onion, eggplant and tomato, add to pan as you go. Cook for 6-7 minutes until just tender.
4. Crumble in tempeh and 1-2 tbsp curry powder to pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Move to step 5 while cooking.
5. Whisk batter to loosen. Heat a small frypan (see notes) over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Add 1/2 cup batter to pan, tilting to cover the base. Cook for 2 minutes or until edges curl. Turn and cook for 1 minute until crisp. Transfer to plates. Repeat for remaining batter.
6. Top each dosa with tempeh mixture. Roll up to enclose. Serve with toppings and coriander yoghurt.
Ensure pan is hot before cooking dosa. You should hear a sizzle when the batter hits the pan.
Use coconut oil or a neutral oil as this helps the dosa crisp up.
We recommend using a 22cm, non-stick pan when cooking dosa.
Lebanese Cucumber 1
purple carrot 1
alfalfa sprouts 1/2 punnet
Coriander 1/2 bunch
Coconut yoghurt 1 tub (120g)
Brown Onion 1
Cumin tempeh 2 packets (2 x 200g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, curry powder