2. Heat a frypan over medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Peel and dice onion. Dice celery, carrot and slice beans. Add to pan as you go. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
3. Add mince, thyme leaves, 2 tsp curry powder, 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste and crumbled stock cube (1). Cook for 6 minutes, or until browned. Stir in diced tomatoes, season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
4. Remove mince mixture to an ovenproof dish. Evenly spread mash over top (see notes). Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and place under oven grill for 5-8 minutes, or until golden.
5. Slice cucumber and tomato. Toss with mesclun leaves and 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
6. Serve cottage pie with a side of salad.
Use a fork to fluff the potatoes when spreading over the pie. This will give a nice texture when cooked.
milk 1/4 cup
brown onion 1
celery 2 sticks
green beans 1/2 punnet
beef mince 600g
thyme 1/2 packet
curry powder 2 tsp
tomato paste 1 1/2 tbsp
stock cube 1
diced tomatoes 400g
Continental cucumber 1/2
mesclun leaves 60g
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper