2. Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp oil, season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Set aside and reserve pan.
3. Peel and slice (or dice) onion, dice capsicum and grate carrots. Halve olives if desired.
4. Reheat pan over medium heat with 1 tbsp oil, cook onion for 3-4 minutes. Add crushed garlic, cinnamon quill, 1 tsp oregano, 2 tsp paprika and 1 tsp cumin. Stir to combine well.
5. Turn heat to high and return chicken to pan along with remaining prepared vegetables, tomato paste, tomatoes, stock cube and 200ml water. Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve cuban chicken with yellow rice.
Add currants to chicken if preferred.
currants + cinnamon quill 1 packet
ground turmeric 1tsp
diced chicken thigh fillets 600g
green capsicum 1
green olives 1/2 jar
garlic 2 cloves
tomato paste 1/2 tub
whole peeled tomatoes 400g
dried oregano 1tsp
stock cube 1
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper.