2. Combine together 3 tbsp sugar, 4 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar, and 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil. Set aside.
3. Slice tofu into 1cm thick batons. Season with salt and pepper and coat with oil. Spread seed mix onto a plate. Roll tofu into seed mix to coat. Set aside.
4. Quarter pak choi lengthways. Trim and halve sugar snap peas. Julienne carrot. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp sesame oil. Add crushed garlic and vegetables. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Remove and wipe out pan.
5. Reheat frypan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil. Cook tofu for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden.
6. Divide rice between plates. Serve with vegetables and tofu. Spoon over teriyaki dressing to taste.
When adding sugar to dishes, coconut sugar or raw cane sugar may be two better options as they are less refined and contain some important minerals.
Firm Tofu 1 packet (400g)
sesame/chia Seed mix 1 packet (50g)
Pak choi 1 bunch
Sugar snap peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
Garlic 2 cloves
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, soy sauce (or tamari), rice wine vinegar, sugar (of choice), sesame oil