2. Deseed and dice tomatoes and cucumber. Slice spring onions. Toss together with remaining lime juice and 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a frypan over medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Crush garlic into pan and cook for 1-2 minutes. Crumble in tempeh. Stir in 1 tbsp cumin and 2 tsp paprika until coated. Pour in tomatoes (break up with spoon), 1/2 cup water and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Warm taco shells in the oven for 3-4 minutes (keep divider in place to hold the shells open).
5. Toss coleslaw mix with 1/2 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp avocado cream. Season well with pepper.
6. Assemble tacos at the table with tempeh filling, salsa and remaining avocado cream. Serve with a side of coleslaw.
Move on to making the salsa while you wait for the cashews to soak.
For a creamier coleslaw, use mayonnaise or yoghurt to dress.
Lebanese cucumber 1
Spring onions 1/4 bunch
Garlic 2 cloves
Ready to eat tempeh 2 packets
Whole peeled tomatoes 400g
Taco shells 1 packet
Coleslaw 1 bag (400g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, ground cumin, smoked paprika, apple cider vinegar