2. Juice orange, peel and grate ginger to yield 1 tbsp. Combine in a bowl with 1 crushed garlic clove, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, 3 tsp cornflour and 1 cup water.
3. Trim snow peas and halve corn lengthways. Slice capsicum, slice carrots into crescents. Set aside.
4. Dice tofu into 2cm pieces. Season well with salt and pepper and dust with 1 tbsp cornflour. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil. Cook tofu for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until crispy. Remove to a plate and keep pan over heat.
5. Add vegetables to pan along with sauce. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender and sauce has thickened.
6. Serve rice into bowls, top with vegetables and tofu. Sprinkle with sliced chives and sesame seeds (to taste).
Toast sesame seeds in a dry pan for extra flavour.
brown rice 300g
garlic 1 clove
snow peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
baby corn 1 punnet
green capsicum 1
firm tofu 1 packet (400g)
chives 1/2 bunch
sesame seeds 1/2 packet (35g)
From your pantry: oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, cornflour, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce