2. Zest and juice the lime. Combine with 1/2 crushed garlic clove, 1 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Set aside.
3. Grate carrot. Thinly slice apples, sugar snap peas and spring onions. Roughly chop mint leaves. Chop coriander to yield 1/2 cup.
4. Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat with 1 cup oil. Pull noodles apart into sections. Use tongs to add each noodle section to hot oil for 15 seconds on each side, or until puffed up. Remove to paper towel and repeat with remaining noodles. Set aside.
5. Add coconut to a dry frypan. Toast over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and keep pan over heat.
6. Toss noodles with vegetables and toasted coconut. Top with eggs and drizzle over dressing to taste.
Use a neutral flavoured oil such as grapeseed or rice bran oil to cook the noodles.
Noodles can be boiled instead if preferred.
garlic 1/2 clove
green apples 2
Sugar snap peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
Spring onions 1/4 bunch
mint 1 packet
coriander 1/2 bunch
bean thread noodles 1 packet (100g)
Shredded coconut 1/2 packet (25g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, soy sauce, sugar (of choice), sesame oil