2. Heat a large frypan with oil/butter over medium heat. Chop and add onion, celery, tomatoes and apple as you go. Crush in garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Crush cornflakes and arrange on a plate. Whisk 1 egg in a bowl and add schnitzels. Heat another large frypan with oil/butter over medium heat. Press schnitzels into cornflakes then straight into pan. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through (cook in batches if needed).
4. Season the vegetables with 2-3 tsp curry powder (use to taste). Stir in stock paste, sour cream and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water. Cut broccoli into small florets and add to pan (see notes). Simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Toss the pasta into pan with sauce, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Add more pasta water if needed.
6. Serve curried pasta alongside cornflake schnitzels.
Short on time? Don’t worry about crumbing the schnitzels, slice the chicken instead and add to pan prior to vegetables at step 2.
Keep sauce, pasta and even broccoli separate if preferred for little kids!
No gluten option - pasta is replaced with GF pasta.
Brown onion, 1/2 *
Celery sticks, 2
Red apple, 1
Garlic, 2 cloves
Cornflakes (GF), 1 packet (100g)
Chicken Schnitzels, 600g
Chicken stock paste, 1/2 jar *
Sour cream, 1/2 tub (100g) *
Broccoli, 1/2 *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil/butter for cooking, salt, pepper, egg (1), curry powder