2. Heat a saucepan with 1 tbsp sesame oil over medium heat. Slice celery and spring onions, grate ginger. Remove corn kernels from cobs and add to pan as you go (see notes). Pour in 1.5L water and add 2 stock cubes. Add chicken, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove chicken and corn cobs (if using). Blend the soup using a stick mixer.
4. Continue to gently simmer the soup, crack in 2 eggs and stir carefully to create ribbons.
Shred chicken and return to soup.
5. Trim and chop greens into 4cm lengths. Heat a frypan with 1/2 tbsp sesame oil and crushed garlic. Cook greens, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Drizzle with 2 tsp soy sauce.
6. Season soup with extra soy sauce and pepper to taste.
Divide noodles between bowls, pour over soup. Garnish with reserved sliced spring onion tops.
Keep some spring onion tops for garnish.
Add the remaining corn cobs to the soup to extract extra flavour.
Add 1-2 cloves of garlic into the soup.
Celery 2 sticks
Spring onions 1/2 bunch
Corn cobs 3
Chicken tenderloins 300g
Gai lan 1 bunch
Garlic 1 clove
From your pantry:
sesame oil, pepper, soy sauce, eggs (2), chicken stock cubes (2)