2. Heat a large (deep) frypan over medium-high heat. Rub beef steaks with oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to you liking. Set aside on a chopping board, keep pan over medium heat.
3. Chop red onion and add to pan, sauté for 3 minutes. Crush garlic and grate zucchini (see notes), add to the pan and cook for further 2-3 minutes.
4. Add 1/2 tbsp tarragon, 1 stock cube, 1 tbsp soy sauce, sour cream and 1 sour cream tub of water (200ml). Halve and add cherry tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Thinly slice beef steaks (see notes).
Drain and add pasta straight into pan with sauce. Warm through and take off heat.
6. Add sliced beef to pasta and toss to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a side of leaves.
Peel zucchini prior to grating if you want to hide it well from the kids!
Alternatively, serve steaks whole and serve with a side of pasta and leaves.
beef rump steaks 600g
red onion 1
garlic 2 cloves
sour cream 1 tub (200g)
cherry tomatoes 1 punnet (200g)
mesclun leaves 1/2 bag (100g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, dried tarragon, stock cube (of choice), soy sauce