2. In the meantime, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil (use the kettle if you want!). Add pasta and cook according to packet instructions. Drain (see step 5).
3. Transfer steaks to a chopping board and keep frypan over medium heat.
Chop and add onion, sauté until softened. Crush garlic and grate zucchini (see notes), add to the pan.
4. Add 1/2 tbsp tarragon, 1 stock cube, 1 tbsp soy sauce, sour cream and 1 tub water (200ml). Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Thinly slice beef steaks (optional, see notes) and halve cherry tomatoes.
Drain and add pasta straight into pan with sauce. Warm through and take off heat.
6. Add sliced beef to pasta and toss to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a side of leaves.
Peel zucchini prior to grating if you want to hide it well from the kids!
Alternatively, serve steaks whole and serve with a side of pasta and leaves.
No beef option - beef rump steaks are replaced with chicken schnitzels.
Long pasta, 2 x 250g
Red onion, 1
Garlic, 2 cloves
Sour cream, 1 tub (200g)
Cherry tomatoes, 1 packet (200g)
Mesclun leaves, 1/2 bag (100g) *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, dried tarragon (or oregano), stock cube (of choice), soy sauce