2. Chop thyme and zest lemon, combine with oil. Smear over chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, skin-side down, for 6-8 minutes, or until crispy. Turn, cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
4. Grate zucchini, rinse rocket and halve sprouts. Toss with barley, pesto and lemon juice. Season to taste.
5. Remove cooked chicken from pan, set aside to rest before slicing. Cut squash into wedges and halve sugar snaps. Toss into pan, cook for 3-4 minutes, or until just tender.
6. Divide green barley between plates. Top with sliced chicken and vegetables to serve.
Barley is very high in fibre, about double the fibre of brown rice!
1/4 packet thyme, leaves
1 lemon, zest
1-2 tbsp oil, for cooking
600g chicken breast fillets (skin on)
100g rocket leaves
1/4 punnet snow pea sprouts
1/2 jar basil pesto (use to taste)
1 lemon, juice
4 yellow squash
125g sugar snaps
salt and pepper, for seasoning