2. Heat a large saucepan with 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Cook leek and garlic for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add remaining vegetables, buckwheat, cherry tomatoes, 2 stock cubes and 1 tsp dried oregano.
3. Pour 1L hot water into saucepan, increase heat to medium-high. Simmer, semi-covered, for 20 minutes, or until buckwheat is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Use a stick mixer or small food processor to blend basil leaves, grated parmesan, 1 crushed garlic clove and 1/4 cup olive oil.
5. Place almonds in a dry pan and toast until golden.
6. Serve buckwheat with a dollop of pistou and scattered with almonds.
Tip! You can also use short pasta instead of buckwheat in this soup for a more family friendly meal.
garlic 2 cloves
green beans 125g
celery sticks 2
tinned cherry tomatoes 400g
chicken or vegetable stock cubes 1
dried oregano 1tsp
basil 1/2 bunch
parmesan cheese 60g
flaked almonds 1/3 bag
From your pantry: olive oil, salt, & pepper.