2. Heat a large ovenproof pan with oil over medium-high heat. Add mince and cook, breaking up lumps for 5-6 minutes. Chop and add onion, carrot and celery as you go.
3. Season the meat sauce with 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp paprika, salt and pepper. Stir in tomato sugo and 1/4 jar water. Chop and add 1/3 cup parley (loosely packed). Simmer, covered, for 8-10 minutes or until carrot has softened.
4. Mash drained potatoes and cauliflower with 2 tbsp olive oil or butter and season well with salt and pepper to taste. Spread over the meat sauce in the pan (see notes). Finish in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden.
5. Rinse out the potato pan and add 1/3 cup water. Trim and add broccolini. Cover and steam over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Drizzle with olive oil.
6. Serve cottage pie at the table with a side of steamed broccolini. Chop and sprinkle with more parsley to taste.
For more flavour, add a stock cube or a drizzle of Worcestershire or soy sauce.
If you don’t have an ovenproof frypan, pour the meat sauce into an oven dish prior to adding the mash.
Sprinkle the mash with some grated cheese before finishing in the oven.
No pork option - pork mince is replaced with chicken mince.
Cauliflower, 1/2 *
Pork mince, 600g
Brown onion, 1
Celery sticks, 2
Tomato sugo, 1 jar (500g)
Parsley, 1/2 bunch *
Broccolini, 2 bunches
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive + oil for cooking, salt, pepper, ground paprika, dried thyme