Cut parsnips into chips. Toss on a lined oven tray with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden. .
2. Deseed and dice cucumber. Dice apple. Slice sprouts. Rinse and chop spinach.
Zest lemon and reserve. Whisk together 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Toss through salad.
3. Slice spring onions (reserve some green tops). Grate zucchini and remove corn from cobs. Combine with fritter flour mix, reserved lemon zest, beaten eggs and 1 tsp paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil. Scoop out 1/4 cups of mixture into pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden. Cook in batches.
5. Combine remaining spring onions tops with 1/2 cup mayonnaise with 1 tsp curry powder.
6. Divide parsnips, cucumber salad and fritters between plates. Wedge remaining lemon and serve along with curried mayonnaise.
The liquid from the grated zucchini helps the consistency of the fritter batter so there is no need to squeeze out any excess water.
Continental cucumber 1
Red apples 2
Snow pea sprouts 1/2 punnet
English spinach 1/2 bunch
spring onions 1/4 bunch
corn cobs 2
Fritter flour mix 1 packet (200g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, mayonnaise, eggs (2), curry powder, ground paprika