Gluten friendly alternative is quinoa.
2. Cut chicken in half lengthways. Add to a small pan with coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, 2 tbsp fish sauce, lime zest and grated ginger over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil then reduce to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through (see notes).
3. Grate or julienne carrots. Slice snow peas and chop coriander. Toss with cabbage, 1/2 lime juice and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Remove cooked chicken from coconut broth (turn off heat) and shred using two forks. Place shredded chicken in a bowl and toss through 1/2 cup of poaching liquid.
5. Add remaining lime juice to coconut milk along with 2 tsp sambal oelek and 1 tbsp fish sauce (season with extra to taste).
6. Divide bulgur and poached chicken between plates. Spoon over extra dressing to taste. Top with fresh salad and chopped cashews to serve.
Turn the chicken pieces every now and then if they are not fully submerged in the coconut broth.
Gluten friendly option - replace bulgur with quinoa. Cook as per recipe instructions.
chicken breast filets 600g
coconut milk 400ml
fish sauce 1/2tbsp
snow peas 1/2 punnet
coriander 1/3 bunch
red cabbage 1/2 bag
roasted cashew nuts 1 packet (50g)
sambal oelek 2tsp
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper