No Fish option - replacement is chicken breast fillet
2. Cut fish fillets into 3cm chunks. Combine in a bowl with 2 tbsp sesame oil and sesame seeds, set aside.
3. Grate ginger and crush garlic. Add to a large, heated saucepan with 1/2 tbsp oil along with 1/2-1 tbsp red curry paste (see notes). Cook for 1 minute over medium heat, or until fragrant.
4. Stir in coconut milk and 1 cup water. Halve and bruise lemongrass, add to pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Peel carrot into short ribbons. Add to broth with the fish, simmer for 3-4 minutes. Trim snow peas, add to broth and cook for a further 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tbsp fish sauce.
6. Finely grate lime zest then cut lime into wedges. Serve fish curry with rice and a lime wedge. Top with lime zest to taste.
You can use any Asian-style curry paste in your cupboard, just make sure you use to taste as they can vary in heat and flavour. Start with a small amount of curry paste and increase to taste if cooking for younger kids.
Slice and serve snow peas fresh as a topping instead if you prefer.
No Fish option - replacement is chicken breast fillet Cook as per recipe, increase cooking time by 2 minutes.
white fish fillets 2 packets
sesame seeds 1/2 packet (35g)
garlic 1 clove
coconut milk 400ml
snow peas 1/2 punnet
From your pantry:
sesame oil + oil (for cooking), red curry paste, fish sauce