2. Heat a large frypan with oil (see notes) over high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, adding 1 tbsp red curry paste.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Chop capsicums, drain pineapple (reserve juice) and slice lime leaves (see notes). Add to pan as you go.
4. Stir in coconut milk, reserved pineapple juice and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
5. Trim, halve and rinse pak choy. Heat another frypan (see notes) with oil and 2 tsp soy sauce and cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
6. Serve chicken pineapple curry over rice with a side of pak choy. Sprinkle with chopped chives to garnish.
We use sesame oil for the dish for added flavour but coconut, peanut or other neutral oil also works fine!
When preparing lime leaves, fold and remove the core then thinly slice. Some find it easier to roll the leaf then slice.
Alternatively transfer chicken curry to a serving bowl and use the same frypan to cook pak choy. If you prefer, you can chop and add pak choy to curry.
chicken stir fry strips 500g
red capsicum 1
green capsicum 1
pineapple pieces (in juice) 1 tin (225g)
lime leaves 2
coconut milk 400ml
pak choy 1 bunch
chives 1/2 bunch
From your pantry:
oil (sesame or other), red curry paste, soy sauce