2. Chop leek, dice carrot and celery, add to the pan as you go. Sauté for 5 minutes or until softened. Add 2 crushed garlic cloves, tomato paste, 1 1/2 tsp cumin and 3 tsp paprika (see notes).
3. Chop tomatoes and add to pan with stock cube, pasta and 1L water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Drain and add beans and chorizo to the pan. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Dice or tear bread into 3 cm pieces. Toss with 1 crushed garlic clove and 2 tbsp oil. Spread on a lined oven tray and bake for 5 minutes, or until crunchy and golden.
6. Finely chop parsley. Serve stew topped with parsley and garlic croutons on the side.
For an extra smokey finish use half smoked and half ground paprika.
No Pork option - replace with smoked chicken. Dice chicken and cook with 1 tsp smoked paprika at Step 1 then continue as per recipe.
celery 2 sticks
garlic 3 cloves
tomato paste 1/2 tub
ground cumin 1 1/2 tsp
stock cube 1
small pasta 100g
cannellini beans 400g
sourdough loaf 1
parsley 1/2 packet
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper.