2. Grate ginger and crush garlic. Combine with 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp flour and 3 tbsp water in a bowl. Thinly slice beef and add to marinade, set aside.
3. Peel and cut onion into thin wedges. Trim and halve snow peas, drain and rinse bamboo shoots.
4. Heat a large frypan with 1 tbsp oil over high heat. Add beef (and sauce), cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and sliced mushrooms to the pan. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Stir in 1 cup water, stock cube and 3 tbsp oyster sauce. Combine well and bring to a simmer. Add snow peas and bamboo shoots, cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve beef and bamboo shoots with rice.
Prepare and marinate the beef the night prior to cooking for a super quick dish!
garlic 2-3 cloves
beef scallopini 10-pack
brown onion 1
snow peas 1/2 punnet
bamboo shoots 1 tin (220g)
sliced mushrooms 200g
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, soy + oyster sauce, flour (of choice), 1 beef or veg stock cube