2. Combine 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp honey/sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Julienne carrots and zucchini, slice radishes. Add to bowl and toss well with dressing. Set aside.
3. Grate ginger to yield 1 tbsp.
Combine beef mince with half of the ginger, chopped chives, crushed garlic, 1 egg, 1 tsp five spice, salt and pepper. Use 1/3 cup measurement to make 8 rissoles (see notes).
4. Heat a large frypan with 1 tbsp sesame oil. Add rissoles and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
5. In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce, remaining ginger, 1-2 tbsp soy sauce and 2 tbsp water (see notes).
6. Serve beef rissoles with rice and salad. Spoon over sauce to taste or use as a dipping sauce.
Use the rice tub to quickly measure up x 1.5 amount of water.
Work the mince well when forming the rissoles to ensure they hold together during cooking.
Use soy sauce to taste as brands vary in saltiness.
Radishes 1/2 bunch
Beef mince 600g
chives 1/4 bunch
Garlic 1 clove
From your pantry:
sesame oil, salt, pepper, vinegar (rice or white wine), honey/sugar, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, five spice, egg (1)