2. Heat a large pan with oil over medium-high heat. Dice and add onion along with beef mince and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until browned. Break up any lumps with a spoon.
3. Grate (or dice) carrot and zucchini. Add to pan with 3 tsp cumin and 3 tsp oregano (see notes). Cook briefly, stir in tomato passata and 1/2 cup water. Semi-cover and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Dice cucumber and capsicum, quarter tomatoes. Toss together in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper (add 1-2 tsp vinegar if you desire).
5. Rinse beans and add to pan, season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve chilli con carne over rice, topped with salsa and sprouts (see notes).
Add 2 crushed garlic cloves if you have and 1/2 tsp chilli flakes or ground chilli for a chilli kick!
Serve with a dollop of yoghurt or sour cream if you desire!
No beef option - beef mince is replaced with chicken mince.
Red onion, 1/2 *
Beef mince, 600g
Zucchini, 1/2 *
Tomato passata, 1 jar (700ml)
Lebanese cucumber, 1
Yellow capsicum, 1/2 *
Cherry tomatoes, 1/2 packet (200g) *
Four bean mix, 400g
Alfalfa sprouts, 1/2 punnet *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive + oil for cooking, salt, pepper, dried oregano, ground cumin