2. Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Dice and add onion along with beef mince and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until browned. Break up any lumps with a spoon.
3. Grate carrot and slice celery. Add to pan with 1 crushed garlic clove, 3 tsp cumin and 3 tsp oregano. Cook briefly, stir in tomato passata, 1/2 cup water and 1 tsp honey. Semi-cover and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Dice cucumber, tomatoes and capsicum. Toss together in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper (add 1-2 tsp vinegar if you desire).
5. Rinse beans and add to pan, season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve chilli con carne over rice, topped with salsa and sprouts.
Replace spices used with a ready made Mexican spice mix if you wish!
Serve with a dollop of yoghurt or sour cream if you desire!
Add 1/2 tsp chilli flakes or ground chilli for a hot kick!
red onion 1/2
beef mince 600g
celery sticks 2
tomato passata 700ml
lebanese cucumber 1
yellow capsicum 1/2
four bean mix 400g
alfalfa sprouts 1/2 punnet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), olive oil, salt, pepper, honey, oregano, cumin, garlic clove (1)