2. Peel and grate ginger. Slice onion, chop tomato, cut broccoli into small florets and halve corn lengthways. Deseed and slice capsicum.
3. Heat a pan over medium heat with 3 tbsp oil or butter. Add ginger, onion, tomato, crumbled stock cube, 2 tsp turmeric, 4 tsp garam masala and 4 tsp cumin to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
4. Stir in tomato paste and 2 cups water. Add remaining vegetables and toss to combine. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until tender.
5. Drain and stir through chickpeas. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide rice and jalfrezi curry between plates. Slice chilli and roughly chop coriander, scatter over to taste and serve.
Use coconut oil, if you have some, for a more authentic flavour.
brown onion 1/2
baby corn 1 punnet
green capsicum 1
stock cube 1
ground turmeric 2tsp
garam masala 4tsp
ground cumin 4tsp
tomato paste 1/2 tub
green chilli 1
coriander 1/2 bunch
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper