2. Julienne or ribbon the cucumber and carrot. Place in a bowl with 1 tbsp vinegar and 1/2 tbsp sugar. Season with salt and set aside.
3. Combine soy sauce, 4 tbsp vinegar, 4 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp sesame oil in a bowl. Add diced chicken pieces to marinate.
4. Deseed and slice capsicum, slice asian vegetables into 5cm pieces. Heat frypan or wok over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp sesame oil. Stir fry vegetables for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from pan and keep warm.
5. Increase pan heat to medium-high. Add chicken to cook for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through and sauce is reduced. Slice chives and toss in to coat.
6. Roughly chop cashews (see notes). Divide rice between bowls. Top with chicken, vegetables and pickle. Garnish with chopped cashew/sesame seed mix to serve.
Quickly chop the nuts in a small food processor if you have one.
continental cucumber 1/2
vinegar 1 tbsp
sugar 1/2 tbsp
soy sauce 6 tbsp
vinegar 4 tbsp
sugar 4 tbsp
sesame oil 2 tbsp
diced chicken thigh fillets 600g
red capsicum 1
Asian greens 1 bunch
chives 1/2 bunch
roast cashew/sesame mix 1 packet
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper